Teen Sector
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 93 on Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:10 am
Latest topics
» Favourite Games
Question what would you have done? EmptySun Feb 07, 2010 11:46 am by Dunggate

» Warning!!!!!
Question what would you have done? EmptyFri Nov 13, 2009 5:24 pm by David2115

» Favourite Books
Question what would you have done? EmptyThu Nov 05, 2009 9:49 pm by cielo_wii

» TEACHING ON HALLOWEEN
Question what would you have done? EmptySun Oct 25, 2009 5:33 am by Dunggate

» Clocks go back UK
Question what would you have done? EmptySun Oct 25, 2009 1:17 am by Dunggate

» Warning!! Windows Recycler
Question what would you have done? EmptyThu Sep 03, 2009 9:59 pm by David2115

» System Clean up
Question what would you have done? EmptyThu Sep 03, 2009 9:56 pm by David2115

» Drastic calls, call for drastic measures
Question what would you have done? EmptyThu Sep 03, 2009 9:51 pm by David2115

» Tppics I would like to see discussed
Question what would you have done? EmptyThu Sep 03, 2009 9:42 pm by David2115

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Question what would you have done?

2 posters

Go down

Question what would you have done? Empty Question what would you have done?

Post  Dunggate Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:27 pm

Question what would you have done?

In brief I saw two people pasting on a Bill board STATING : A Christian message:
but what it entailed did not go along with Beliefs according to Authorised version of the bible which I and other believers follow.
It invited others to go along to their teachings and ideas.
I did talk with them and thanked them for their invite but also politely explained that I felt there was no other teaching needed than to adhere to what we have been given the authorised version of the bible.
I could explain if needed why I adhere to this and as best I am able will answer questions. {Please understand I do have a life outside of internet and may be a little time before getting back to reading and replying.}
But my question is:
If I so strongly believe should I have torn down their advert and if so what would have been the consequence would I be breaking any law?
Your input appreciated.
Thanks
Elaine.
Dunggate
Dunggate
Awesome Teen
Awesome Teen

Back to top Go down

Question what would you have done? Empty dunggate's question

Post  timeless Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:54 pm

Dear Dunggate,

What did you actually see posted on the billboard?

timeless
Newbie Teen
Newbie Teen

Back to top Go down

Question what would you have done? Empty Re: Question what would you have done?

Post  Dunggate Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:05 pm

As a Bible believing Christian what was posted on the BillBoard although stated Christian
did not line up with what God says in the bible.

It posted for example:
Tarot Readings

This does not line up with the word of God there is no where in scripture where this practice is of God.

People are searching for answers and this is not the way to go, even new Christians searching see a Advert and can get drawn into stuff which takes them down the wrong road.

I am a novice in what is OUT THERE on offer but NEW AGE stuff is something I would tell our youth something to be avoided all seems GOOD on the onset even I Shocked could if it were possible think oh this is OK good teaching MEDITATION IS GOOD ......BUT our kids are opening their minds when not supervised to all kinds of bad things.

The Church i.e. the Body of Christ often fall down these last days and we need to be more vigilant than ever is my opinion in their growth.

I expect to be shot down in flames by many,..... but will say I would rather they stay at home than go to a Church building which teach such things. Evil or Very Mad
Yes we are not to forsake the gathering of people together but rather than our kids go to one of such as advertised on that BillBoard .....

We have a responsibility to our future generation to be ourselves grounded in the word of God to pass on what is right and healthy for their growth in the things of God.

My opinion and input Very Happy Blessings Elaine.
Dunggate
Dunggate
Awesome Teen
Awesome Teen

Back to top Go down

Question what would you have done? Empty dunggate's message

Post  timeless Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:13 pm

Yes, I see what you mean....and I agree.

In the Bible God reveals to us that tarot cards are not the way to Truths.

Tarot cards are seen as a substitute for God and violates the first commandment Thou shalt not have strange Gods before Him..........reaching out to a tarot card is not the same as reaching out to God. The tarot card is not all-knowing nor perfect as our God. And as a young woman, I confess, I did venture in to tarot readings as a "fun" thing, but found that the "wanting an answer now" can take over one's true self and cause more anxiety concerning the subject at hand. It eliminates the virtue of patience.

It's a true test of one's faith in that no matter what it is we want to know, God will reveal the answer, but first, He's looking to us to trust Him in his time. For example, if someone wants to know if they are going to be married.....the tarot card may say "yes" but it doesn't offer you a relationship of trust that God does.

When this someone asks God the same question....they are asking the Almighty who knows everything and in trusting that fact, they are now opening their trust in Him and He will guide their thoughts and hearts in the right direction and they will come to learn how God's answers are revealed. And in their waiting period of seeing what His answer will be, they can relax and know that His will is what they truly want, and not their own. And they will accept whatever He chooses because in the journey whether they marry or not.....so many spiritual strengths will have occurred that they will be asking God for things such as Wisdom of Him, healing for sicknesses, getting them to the point of soldiering for Him because this is truly what it's all about.

I would say to those who play Tarot cards to look at them as games but be cautious that they don't become Satan's tool to pull them away from God's place.

God has given us visionaries who are blessed with giving answers through prayer, healing ministries, etc., and they are never wrong. I have a friend who has helped me with some of my health issues and she prays with me to God and she says that He shows her the outcome and she has never been wrong because it's God showing her this. I believe in God's work through such people because I've witnessed it and God gets all the glory. Also, we have heard of such people in the Apostles, St. Joan, St. Paul and all the other great Christians and prophets who delivered facts from God and were proven correct in their messages.

God will give us those facts if we are patient with Him and trust in His word, will and timing.

Thank you for writing back Elaine!

Timeless

timeless
Newbie Teen
Newbie Teen

Back to top Go down

Post  Dunggate Sun Jun 28, 2009 3:45 pm

Thank you so very much timeless for your input.
Blessing Elaine.
Dunggate
Dunggate
Awesome Teen
Awesome Teen

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum